Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Go Blind - Hootie & The Blowfish

I Go Blind - Hootie & The Blowfish

Every time I look at you, I go blind.
Every time I look at you, I go blind.
In the mornin I get up, and I try to
Feel alive, but I cant.
Every time I look at you, I go blind.
I dont know what it is.
Something in me just wont give me a chance.
I think its that I feel more confused
By the deal love has shown me.
Little child, did you know that theres a light,
And its gonna shine right through your eyes.
What do you think that life is like?
Every time I look at you, I go blind.
I go blind
Well some where over there theres a purpose,
Theres a care for free
In me theres no body, no one plan,
No one stand to be free.
I think its that because I have seen all the fuss
And its no big deal. no big deal.
Hold me, hold me cause I want to get higher and higher,
Higher than life

Play-A-Day (Day 21)

Lights up on a large city bar. There are people filling most the seats at the counter and many filling the booth seats. At the very end of the bar is a girl who is wearing a comfortable loose black dress. She is wearing large sunglasses that hide her eyes. There is at least one seat between her and the next closest person. Sitting at one of the booth seats nearly even with this girl. He is dressed casually and reading a book. At first everyone is paying attention to themselves or their quiet conversations. After a little bit the man in the booth begins to look around trying to get the attention of a waitor but fails. He then approaches the counter next to wear the previously mentioned girl sits. He takes as seat as he waits to be waited on. After a moment he glances side to side and when he looks towards the girl he keeps his eyes on her for a while. The bartender comes over and tries to get the mans attention but he remains glued to the girl.

Bartender
Hello! Anyone in there?

Man
What. Oh yeah sorry [Snapping out of it at last] I'll take a Singapore Sling

Bartender
Coming right up

Bartender walks away

Woman
[Without looking to him] Some good taste you have there...[Waiting for his name]

Man
James and thank you...[Waiting for hers]

Woman
Meredith

The bartender returns with his drink.

Man
Well it was very nice to meet you Meredith.

Woman
Same to you James.

The man walks back over to his seat looking over his shoulder on the way watching the girl. When he gets to his seat he picks his book back up but keeps glancing back at the girl every once in a while. The girl then motions to the bartender to come over to her and she then leans in an whispers something to the bartender who responds to her and point the girls finger in the right direction to the man. the girl thanks her and gathers her stuff and walks over to where the man is and places her hands upon the table as she finds her seat.

Man
[Looking up] Hello again

Woman
Hello

There is a slightly awkward silence

Man
It's a wonderful night out tonight isn't it

Woman
I hadn't noticed

Man
Oh...So what are you doing here tonight?

Woman
I like to come here and listen to people

Man
That sounds like a good time.

Woman
I know this may sound weird but i was wondering if I could look at you?

Man
[Looking around unsure] Uhmm ok...

Woman
[Smiling] Will you lean forward?

He nods his head and leans forward only the girl makes no motion

Man
Ok?

Woman
Oh.

The girl takes her hands and places them upon his face and at first he is freaked out but after a moment he looks into her sunglasses and understands. She continues to study his face until she is satisfied. The man then himself really begins to truly study her and he then takes her hands in his and they both feel each others hands.

Man/Woman
Your beautiful.

No comments: