Friday, October 17, 2008

Diamond Girl - Seals and Crofts

Diamond Girl - Seals and Crofts

Diamond Girl - you sure do shine
Glad I found you - glad you're mine
Oh my love you're like a precious stone
Part of earth where heaven has rained on
Makes no difference where you are
Day or nighttime you're like a shinin' star
And how could I shine without you
When it's about you that I am
Diamond Girl - roamin' wild
Such a rare thing - radiant child
I could never find another one like you
Part of me is deep down inside you
Can't you feel the whole world's a-turnin'
We are real and we are a-burnin'
Diamond Girl now that I've found you
It's around you that I am
Diamond Girl - you sure do shine
Diamond Girl - you sure do shine
Diamond Girl - you sure do shine
Diamond Girl - you sure do shine

Play-A-Day (Day ??)

Lights up on a grooms dressing room where he is preparing to walk down the aisle. He is nervous and staring into the mirror. He compulsively fixes his Tuxedo and hair looking for any minor defect. He also from time to time takes large gulps of the bottled water in his room. On the floor near him are several bottles already emptied. He then hears a knock on the door offstage and a voice alerts him of the beginning coming.

Groom
[Staring at the mirror] I do...I do...I do, I do, I do, I DO! Oh dear lord what is wrong with me. You were so sure of this when you asked her. Now look at you. A pathetic nervous wreck. [Trying again] I do. Catherine I do. I do Catherine. You idiot! Stop being a moron and just do it right! Look remember why you're doing this. You love her. You love every moment you're with her. Look at your vows. [He pulls a piece of paper out of his pants] Catherine, Today is the happiest day of my life. Today is the day I will begin to spend the rest of my life with you. Thinking right now about when we first met i'm still amazed you ever wanted anything to do with me. Me being the hot headed jock and you the thoughtful and beautiful drama girl. But how you cooled me off. How you opened my eyes to the world around me. How I owe so much of everything I am to you. I remember one night we spent just sitting on the rocks of the coast watching the waves crash upon the shore. You asked me how I knew i loved you. Well if you remember my answer was the silly little way my heart felt holding you in my arms and that their was another part i'd tell you later when the time was right. Well this is that right time. Catherine I love you because I'm transparent to you. Because you know me. You took the time to know me, to see who I was. Because you have weathered the storm and sailed under the clear sky with me. Because you have given me a peice of you to me and me to you. Because "how could I shine without you". You're the brightest thing I have ever seen my dear. The most radiant star upon the night sky and because [Slowly and playfully] of that funny little way you make my heart feel. Catherine I love you with everything I am and always will. [Having finished reading he returns the paper to his pocket, he has a smile upon his face and is looking into the mirror] This is what is right for me. She is right for me, we are right for eachother. It's 'cause I love her.

He slowly stands and corrects of his attire and begins to take one more gulp but stops and places the bottle back and screws on the cap. He confidently walks offstage. Wedding music is cued. lights fade

No comments: