Monday, October 6, 2008

Girlfriend - Eve 6

Girlfriend - Eve 6

Your really gone, girlfriend
The dryer's on, Amen
And im alone for the first time(I walk away now)
You left a sock, girlfriend
Wheres the pair, broken
Are you aware that im missing you(I walk away now)
but I cant run to you no more
to catch me when im falling
I know I have to let you go
But I will not be broken
No I will not be broken
But keep the slow fading memories
This place is strange, empty
You did your time, plenty
And the walls are bare where your pictures hung
But I cant call you up no more
And no we cant just be friends
but now its time to let you go
but I will not be broken
no I will not be broken
and keep the slowly fading
memories memories
I'm keeping these memories
I cant run to you no more
to catch me when im fallin
I know I have to let you go
But I will not be broken
For ever tear a lesson learned
Every good time golden
But now its time to let you go
And I will not be broken
And I will not be broken
No I will not be broken
But keep the slowly fading memories

Play-A-Day (Day 15)

Lights up on a studio apartment. In the apartment the walls at near random have light patches consistant with the size of picture frames. In one corner of the room a dryer is running with a load of laundry in it. The room is clean and tidy. The ceiling fan in the room is off but has obviously just been turned off recently with its slow turning continually getting slower. Everything in the room looks too little to be in the room. The room itself appears large and more or less barely filled if that. The bed in the room is perfectly made and on top of it is a recording tape with a sticky reading "Play me" on it. The needs to have an aura of emptiness in it. On a nightstand sits and answering machine with a tape already in it. It is blinking red with a message on it. On top of a computer desk is a stereo with a cassette player. Sleeping in a small animal bed is Jessie (a cat) who sleeps soundly oblivious to the world around. At the foot of the dryer rests a single small sock with a pink heel. No one is in the room at first (except the cat) until after a little while a young man enters. He looks around the room at shock in first. Not expecting to see the room so empty upon his arrival. He looks around causiously at first but seeing no one is there he relaxes a bit. Then he walks over the the washing machine and notices the sock on the floor and picks it up and places it on the top of the washing machine. He then turns back to the room and notices the tape on the bed and walks over to it with a certain curiousity. He sees the note on top of it without a name on it and he then places it into the stereo and as it begins he moves over and picks up Jessie the cat and pets her while checking through stuff as the tape begins. It is a young womans voice

Voice
If you're hearing this then chances are we won't ever see each other again. I know you're probably asking yourself what exactly is going on...but i think the best way to go about this is with as little information as possible. Oh and don't worry about the dryer i'll be back to pick it all up sometime while you're gone. Please understand this is for the best for both of us. I truly am sorry. Goodbye.

The young man is by this point sitting on his bed with the cat stroking it softly. He then lays down in the bed filled with a sense of defeat. As he lies down a beep is heard and he jumps and the cat runs away. He then sees the noise is from the answering machine which has a message on it. He plays the message. It is a mans voice.

Mans voice
Hey baby you packed yet. I'm waiting down here freezing my ass off. I've got all my stuff unpacked in the apartment now it just needs you hot little...

The young man grabs and throws the answering machine to the flew breaking it. Lights fade

No comments: