Friday, December 12, 2008

Violet Hill - Coldplay

Lights up on a porch patio where an old man is sitting. He is sipping hot chocolate and rocking in a rocking chair. Small flakes of snow begin to fall.

Man
Welcome back old friend. It's been quite a while hasn't it? Yes, yes it has. Like yesterday. I can see it like yesterday. Oh yes it was much fiercer than this. But then again most life was far fiercer then than now. Especially in a time of war. Oh yes the wind. How it slashed across our faces. The roaring sound then dulled by the treads of the tanks rolling by. The crashes and bangs of all the bombings. They still ring in my ears. The cold stare you showed me. Eyes wide open yet lifeless. The snow began to fall then. Slowly at first but then how it came. I remained there by you don't you remember. No probably not. The snow had blanketed your eyes by them. The cold had taken you.

The old man stands and walks into the snow.

But i know you're still there. In every flake that falls, I see you my old friend.

Lights fade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, deep.