Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine

Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine

Come on!
Uggh!
Come on, although ya try to discredit
Ya still never edit
The needle, I'll thread it
Radically poetic
Standin' with the fury that they had in '66
And like E-Double I'm mad
Still knee-deep in the system's shit
Hoover, he was a body remover
I'll give ya a dose
But it'll never come close
To the rage built up inside of me
Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy
Movements come and movements go
Leaders speak, movements cease
When their heads are flown'
Cause all these punks
Got bullets in their heads
Departments of police, the judges, the feds
Networks at work, keepin' people calm
You know they went after King
When he spoke out on Vietnam
He turned the power to the have-nots
And then came the shotYeah!
Yeah, back in this...Wit' poetry, my mind I flex
Flip like Wilson, vocals never lackin' dat finesse
Whadda I got to, whadda I got to do to wake ya up
To shake ya up, to break the structure up'
Cause blood still flows in the gutter
I'm like takin' photos
Mad boy kicks open the shutter
Set the groove
Then stick and move like I was Cassius
Rep the stutter step
Then bomb a left upon the fascists
Yea, the several federal men
Who pulled schemes on the dream
And put it to an end
Ya better beware
Of retribution with mind war
20/20 visions and murals with metaphors
Networks at work, keepin' people calm
Ya know they murdered X
And tried to blame it on Islam
He turned the power to the have-nots
And then came the shot
Uggh!
What was the price on his head?
What was the price on his head!
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard, I think I heard a shot'
He may be a real contender for this position should he
abandon his supposed obediance to white liberal doctrine
of non-violence...and embrace black nationalism
''Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to
pinpoint potential trouble-makers...
And neutralize them,
neutralize them, neutralize them
'Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!
Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!
How long? Not long, cause what you reap is what you sow

Play-A-Day (Day ??)

Lights up on a common froom where there are many random people just strolling about minding their own business. After a few minutes of poeple walking around (interaction can take place if it is wished) their is a noise heard over an unseen intercom.

Voice
Good afternoon good people of Singleton. It is now time for the streets to be cleared and everyone to report to their daily group mind sessions. Streets should remain clear until tomorrow morning when you are called into your early sessions. Have a wonderful night everyone.

The voice then ends with an intercom click. The people then compliently without care begin to dispurse into the corners of the stage and then exits offstage. The entire stage is then clear but lights remain up until a few moments later a young boy about 9 or 10 rushes hurridly onstage. He looks around frantically with a peice of paper in his hand. From the other side of the stage two armed men in full body armour appear they are talking amongst themselves when one looks up and see the boy.

Armed man 1
[Raising his firearm at him] You there. Stop. Why havn't you reported to your night session?

The boy is terrified and tries to explain

Boy
The group I was in was too large so they sent me to this one [Holding out the paper] But I can't seem to find it.

Armed Man 2
[Taking the note] I can't read this. [To the other man] Looks like we have a stray here.

Boy
No no I swear I'm just lost.

Armed Man 1
Yeah right.

The two men begin to approach the boy to apprehend him but the boy panics and begins to run offstage. The two men then raise their firearms and fire at the boy. The boy drops within a step of offstage. The two men then nonchalantly walk over the boy and drag his body offstage at the other side of the stage dragging his body the entire length the stage. Everywhere the boy hsa been dragged there is blood. Making a line across the stage. Lights fade. Lights come back up after a few moment of emptiness. The exact same scene as at the beginning is repeated only the blood remains on the floor. The intercom then sounds and the people all exit offstage in the same manner as before. The stage is then empty for a few moments. A middle aged man then enters from offstage and walks to the line of blood then falls to his knees sobbing. After a few moments he stands and steps over the red line looking forward he yells.

Man
Brothers! Come forth. Brothers hear my plea. Wake up! Let us no longer be silent to this machine of chaos and power. We shall no longer be silent as our blood is spilled in the dark of night!

A large group of people then enter from offstage with bats and a large variety of melee weapons forming a rather formitable mob.

My friends my family. Look here at this blood [Pointing to the ground at the line of blood] This is the blood of an innocent spilled the last night. We can no longer let this happen! Tonight we shall end this tyranny! Together come with me. Cross this line of blood and we shall march forth. Our rage shall be felt! Let us rage! Rage against the machine! This power of evil! Come with me brothers.

The crowd lets out a roar and they then all (but one) cross the blood red line. The lead man then notices the one who hasn't crossed and steps forward towards him.

Brother why have you not crossed the line?

The man then pulls out a handgun and shoots the man. As the man falls the man with the gun steps closer and empties the clip into him.

Man with gun.
There is your revolution. Now I will give you one chance to drop your arms and return to your sessions lest you wish the night watch to take you in.

The group at first slowly drops there arms then the rest follow quickly.

Good. Now disperse!

The group follows the mans orders and all quietly defeated exit offstage. The man follows shortly there after. All lights fade but one that is on the dead man. Lights fade

No comments: